Frozen Kong Recipes
5 Super Yummy Boredom Busting Kong Stuffing Recipes
Fruity Yogurt Filler
-1 cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt.
-1 handful of fresh or frozen blueberries. Feel free to use any dog safe fresh berries if your dog does not like blueberries.
Meat and Taters Filler
- 2 small jars of turkey and sweet potato baby food,
OR use the equivalent amount (4 to 6 oz. pureed) of regular cooked turkey and sweet potato if you have some on hand. (If you are buying prepared baby food read the label to make sure that no other unsafe ingredients for dogs have been added)
- 1 cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup of freeze dried liver treats. (read label and check for the source of these treats. Don't buy Chinese sourced treats!)
Doggy-licious Cheese and Potato Filler
- 1 large white potato, cooked and then chopped into small cubes and mashed). You can also use cooked Sweet Potato!
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain 2% cottage cheese or kefir.
Sweet Peanut Butter and Cheese Filler
- 1 cup of organic crunchy peanut butter (read label and make sure there are no artificial sweeteners in this peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon of raw, honey (manuka honey if you have it)
- 1 cup of 2% cottage cheese or kefir
Chunky Monkey with Banana Filler
- 1 cup of ripe mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons of organic crunchy peanut butter (read label to look for unsafe added ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons of a good quality unrefined organic coconut oil
- 1 cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt
Leave a Reply.
Margit Maxwell- A Dog Trainer (CPDT) and Canine Behaviour Specialist for The Divine Dog Project. She lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with her Herd of two Siberian Huskies (Kaya and Angel) and an Alaskan Malamute (Skylar). She also has credentials in Psychology (Human and dog), Animal Sciences, Natural Medicine, Energy Medicine, and many alternative Healing Modalities.